Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Disney & Christmas & Card Making

Last week I talked about the trip the hubs and I booked for Walt Disney World in December. Sadly, the end-of-semester crush of group projects and big research papers and impending finals is putting a crimp in my trip planning. I did, however, get a chance to secure our attendance at the Candlelight Processional, a retelling of the Christmas story with a guest narrator (hello Neil Patrick Harris), a 50-piece orchestra, and a mass choir, all at the American Gardens Theater in Epcot. Hubs made the request to eat at Biergarten Restaurant, so I booked a Candlelight Dinner Package which includes our meal, seats for the Candlelight Processional, and reserved viewing for the IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. I'm so happy that I was able to get this one thing booked. I cannot wait to be done with this semester and really throw myself into the trip planning and look into more unique Christmas experiences that only Disney can provide.

What else besides Disney could make me be anxious for Christmas? Oh, maybe designing and planning my Christmas cards for this year. So, I was hunting around on the internet a few weeks ago when I stumble upon the newest Tim Holtz stamps and I instantly fell in love with these beauties:


I am so in love with the retro look of these stamps. They're very reminiscent of that Christmas line from the now defunct Daisy D's. The line is so old, I can't find the name or a decent image on Google to share with you. sigh. But I digress: Back to the stamps; I couldn't wait. I couldn't resist. I did not hesitate. I immediately placed an order with Simon Says Stamp and the set arrived in the mail today. I'm thinking of pairing the stamps with either Crate Paper's new Christmas line, Peppermint:






Or, possible October Afternoon's line, Holiday Style. They just released this preview on their blog today!

So tell me, are you thinking about Christmas? When do you start making your Christmas cards? 




9 comments:

  1. peppermint is pretty!! i'm more of a B side user myself, so i am really looking forward to Peppermint :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ALL those papers! Sadly, I can't seem to get my act together for Christmas cards of the homemade variety. I did start a cute set last year that maybe I'll finish one day....congrats on being almost done with school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the look of the whole collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas Story sounds fabulous, I love Neil:)


    I'm loving Holiday Style as well. I just love pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those stamps...and I'm still hoarding daisy d's christmas paper! the christmas story sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Crate Paper line. I don't usually make cards (my husband has way to many clients to do that!) but I do usually make gift baskets for our closest friends and family. May have to find a project to include using Peppermint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so not ready for Christmas yet! I want summer to stick around some more. So, yeah, I'm a major procrastinator when it comes to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stamps - very classic Christmas fun! I'm soooo excited that you are going to the candlelight dinner, can't wait to hear how wonderful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really digging the Crate Christmas line. I like Christmas papers that don't look like Christmas papers.

    By the way, I've seen Neil Patrick Harris at the Processional before. He does a good job! I've also seen John O'Hurley! :) LOVE the Processional!!!

    ReplyDelete