Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Scrapbooking Disney

Life has been crazy busy. I guess that's what happens when you work full time and take 9 credits in the summer. I have been counting down to the end of the semester and the end of my undergraduate program. I'm happy to report that I will be done in a short 6.5 weeks!

In the spare moments I've been following all of the CHA Summer show news. I was so sad all of last week reading all of the tweets from the show and all of the blog posts from the amazing manufactures. I hope to be back soon with a recap of my favorite new products and lines from the show. And in case there was any question, I do rank my love for a piece of patterned paper on how well I could scrap one of my many Disney vacations with that piece of paper. 

While I'm working on that, I wanted to share some more layouts from our 2009 anniversary trip to WDW:


This layout was created using Studio Calico's April 2011 kit, Singing in the Rain. Neither the layout or the kit would be considered my "normal" scrapbook style. I usually scrapbook two-page layouts. I usually use more than one picture. But, I think that's what's great about subscribing to a monthly kit club. You are presented with product you may not normally pick out and you have the challenge of using it in quite possibly a new way.


Here's another single-page layout (crazy, right?) that I did. I was originally trying to go for a softer, more whimsical look for these requisite pictures in front of the castle (Partially because of the amazing layout my scrap genius friend did). The only problem? Each time I pulled out paper with softer color schemes and tones, I was disappointed. Finally, I reached for the Back 40 kit from Studio Calico. I had also purchased the add-on patterned paper for that month. This was back when I first started subscribing and hadn't worked out a system that made sense to me. So, really this layout has paper from the add-ons, but I didn't buy the add-on, just the patterned paper from the add-ons. Make sense? Doesn't matter. All that really matters is that it was chalked full of these bright colors from Echo Park and American Crafts. I held my pictures against the paper and knew this was the way to go.

Thanks for taking a look today. I hope to be back in a few days with a rundown of everything magical from CHA!


5 comments:

  1. So glad to see that you're using up your SC stash! You've got some great LO's and isn't it fun to come on out of the box we create for ourselves once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it funny how you can work almost any theme into your studio calico kits? love the LOs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts! So glad you're enjoying your SC kits - they really are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that umbrella paper! you're on a roll here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard of CHA before, but I clicked on the link and can't wait to hear what's best from the show. The singing in the rain layout is perfect for Mary Poppins. Your layouts rock!!!

    ReplyDelete